Ralph J. Stephens
Ralph J. Stephens, CPA/ABV, JD, CFF is a Director in the Tax Services Group at Postlethwaite & Netterville. Ralph joined the firm in 1981 and became a Director in 1987. Prior to joining the firm, he practiced law.
Ralph’s areas of concentration include income and estate planning, succession planning, business consulting, and litigation support. He is both Accredited in Business Valuation and Certified in Financial Forensics by the AICPA. Because of this commitment to the field of business valuation, he is often sought after by business owners who are concerned with estate and gift tax issues, succession planning, divorce settlements, or buying or selling their business.
He reviews tax compliance reporting for a number of not-for-profit organizations. He also assists with planning and implementing changes required by new legislation and jurisprudence.
Ralph regularly consults with attorneys in the areas of business and succession planning. He has served as expert witness in numerous courts throughout Louisiana and the country as an expert in taxation, valuation, damages and accounting.
He is often asked to make presentations in the areas of business valuation, forensic accounting, individual and corporate tax planning and business planning.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Louisiana State University
- Juris Doctor, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member, Business Valuation Standards Task Force, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, CFF Credential Committee, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chairman, Federal Tax Committee, Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chairman, Louisiana Tax Conference Committee, Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association
- Member, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Crystal Gavel Award, Louisiana State Bar Association, 2009
- Executive Volunteer of the Year, Corporate Volunteer Council, 2005
- President’s Award, Baton Rouge Bar Association, 2003
- Legacy Award, Leave a Legacy of Greater Baton Rouge, 2002
- Accountant Advocate of the Year, Louisiana Small Business Administration, 2002
- Catholic High School Hall of Fame, 1999
- American Institute of CPAs Public Service Award, 1998
- Community Leadership Award, Leadership Greater Baton Rouge, 1997
- Louisiana Society of CPAs Public Service Award, 1996
- Volunteer Activist Award, 1994
- Board of Directors, Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, 2008-present
- Board of Directors, Cancer Services of Greater Baton Rouge, 2005-present
- Business Law teacher, Catholic High School, 1982-present
- Board of Directors, Catholic-Presbyterian Apartments, 2003-present
- Campaign Cabinet, Community Fund for the Arts, 2005-present
- Board of Directors, St. Vincent de Paul, 2001-present
- Board of Directors, Vision 21 Foundation, 1996-present