Non-Profit Seminar: Metairie
P&N is committed to providing clients and our communities with relevant, timely information. With non-profit experience, involvement and resources, we can offer insight into and assistance with non-profit board management. This seminar will include presentations on the following topics:
- GAAP Update. Elaine Garvey and other P&N professionals will guide you through the latest GAAP updates impacting your organization, including lease accounting, revenue recognition, and implementation of other new Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) pronouncements.
- Federal Tax Update. Learn about the impacts of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on non-profits, including how qualified transportation fringe (QTF) benefits, like parking, may change your organization’s unrelated business taxable income (UBTI). This session will also include an outline of what happens if you lose your non-profit status. Sharon Cassiere will present on these topics and more related to the latest federal tax updates impacting your organization.
- State and Local Tax Update. Gary Dressler will discuss sales tax as it applies to non-profit entity’s operations and fundraising. Subjects will include operating equipment and supplies, meals served by non-profit organizations, sales of logo items for fundraising and sales of admissions, food and items at major fundraising events.
- Keynote Speaker: Tania Tetlow, President of Loyola University, will share insight into her leadership and strategy both in her career and non-profit experience.
Who Should Attend? This seminar is developed for non-profit leadership and non-profit board members to help you understand the implications of management and board service.
This seminar is offered free of charge.
Lunch will be served at this seminar. Registration and lunch begin at 12:30 PM. Presentations begin a 1:00 PM.
The Non-Profit Seminar will take place immidiately after the CFO Seminar: Metairie. Click here to for more information or to register for the CFO Seminar: Metairie.
This qualifies for 4 CPE credit in Louisiana. CPE credits will be granted based on a 50-minute hour.
Program level: Overview
- Understand GAAP updates impacting non-profit organizations.
- Understand federal, state, and local tax changes impacting non-profit organization.
Advance preparation: None
Fields of study:
- Accounting and Auditing
These downloadables are additional tools you can use for further study after class.Download Presentation Slides for Non-Profit Seminar on August 22, 2019