Federal grants and programs can provide much-needed relief to state and local governmental entities as they recover from disasters. But grant recipients must administer programs and spending in accordance with the provisions of the Uniform Guidance as well as individual program regulations.
The risks of non-compliance include the loss of available funding, the cost of resources necessary to address audit findings and implement corrective measures, financial loss due to fraud or mismanagement, and reputational damage.
From pre-award to post-closeout, P&N understands the grants management process. We have the experience to help you design efficient processes and navigate complex compliance requirements, while maintaining a focus on the appropriate, transparent, and efficient distribution of funds.
Our services include:
- Assistance with application process
- Internal control assessment, review, and documentation
- Preparation of claims and reimbursement requests
- Establishment of accounting processes for tracking allowable costs
- Subrecipient monitoring and closeout
- Program design and execution
- Preparation of indirect cost rate proposals
- Financial and performance reporting
- Fraud, waste and abuse detection, prevention, and monitoring