Abby McCurry, CPA, CIA, CFE, CGMA, CRMA, is an Associate Director of Operations. Prior to joining the firm in 2005, Abby worked for a national accounting firm in the Internal Audit Services division. Additionally, Abby was the Director of Internal Audit for a local community bank.
Abby is actively involved in the strategic goal setting and execution process for the firm, as well as other operational initiatives. She also has experience in the complete internal audit process, including the development of a risk assessment, a risk focused Internal Audit Schedule, planning of audit procedures, evaluation of internal controls, detailed testing, regulatory compliance testing, identification of recommendations for improvement, and communication with the Audit Committee. Abby has communicated with examiners and external auditors and assisted in the preparation of examinations and audits.
In addition, Abby has experience in performing Internal Audit Quality Assessment reviews. Her experience also includes advising governmental clients in areas of internal control strengths and weaknesses and operating efficiency. In addition, Abby has managed various agreed-upon procedure (AUP) engagements for governmental clients.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Master of Business Administration, Internal Audit Concentration, Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Louisiana State University
- Member, Insitute of Internal Auditors
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, LCPA Women's Initiatives Committee
- Former President, Vice President, and Board of Governor, Institute of Internal Auditors' Baton Rouge Chapter
- Committee Member, St. George School Finance Committee