Benjamin Vance, CPA/ABV, is an Associate Director in the Consulting Services Group at Postlethwaite & Netterville. Benjamin joined the firm in 2009.Benjamin has experience in accounting and advisory services. He has performed business valuations in estate and gift matters, litigation support, sales and acquisitions, and shareholder transactions. He has experience providing transaction advisory and diligence services, financial modeling, and other consulting services. Benjamin has prepared, overseen, and contributed to numerous business valuations and written litigation opinions. Additionally, Benjamin has testified as an expert witness in financial and business matters.
Benjamin speaks and has been published at a local and national level on valuation and related topics. Additionally, Benjamin is an active member in numerous industry, civic, and professional associations, serving in various leadership positions.
The following is representative of Benjamin's legal case experience:
In the Matter of the Succession of Charles B. Fanz, Jr.
- 34th Judicial District Court of St. Bernard Parish
- Trial testimony on financial analysis and forensic accounting, August 2018
- Qualified as an expert in the field of public accounting, analysis of financial performance, and forensic accounting
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, Louisiana State University
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Chair, Society of Louisiana CPAs - Emerging CPA Council
- Member, Society of Louisiana CPAs - Emerging CPA Committee for Baton Rouge Chapter
- Member, Society of Louisiana CPAs Strategic Planning Committee
- Co-Chair, Society of Louisiana CPAs Small Business Consulting Committee
- Finance Committee, Association of Builders and Contractors - Pelican Chapter
- Member, Construction Financial Management Association