Brandon Lagarde, CPA, JD, LLM is a Director with P&N and leads the firm's Tax Services Group. Brandon joined the firm in 2009. Prior to joining P&N, Brandon practiced tax law at the law firms of Baker Donelson and Jones Walker.
Brandon concentrates his practice on tax planning and consulting for federal and state income taxes and state and local sales and use tax. Brandon works with clients of all sizes in a variety of industries and assists those businesses with navigating the tax complexities of today’s highly regulated environment. Brandon has extensive experience assisting clients with tax issues associated with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (aka "Federal Tax Reform"), the Affordable Care Act, Louisiana income and sales taxation, tax planning for closely-held business, trusts and estates, multi-state planning and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions. Brandon is a frequent speaker on a variety of tax topics, including Federal Tax Reform, the Affordable Care Act, Louisiana taxes and general income tax planning.
Brandon is a member of the AICPA (Tax Section), where he serves on the Tax Practice Management Committee and the National Tax Conference Planning Committee, the LCPA, where he serves on the State and Local Tax Committee and as a member of the Legislative Committee, and as a member of the Baton Rouge Chapter of the LCPA, American Bar Association (Tax Section) and Louisiana Bar Association (Tax Section). Brandon is a graduate of Leadership Greater Baton Rouge, a year-long leadership program of the Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) and was named to the Baton Rouge Business Report's Top 40 under 40.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Laws, Taxation, University of Florida
- Post Graduate Diploma, Juris Doctor, Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Louisiana State University
- Member, AICPA National Tax Conference Committee
- Member, Tax Practice Management Committee of AICPA Tax Section
- Vice President, Estate and Business Planning Council of East Baton Rouge
- Member, Estate and Personal Financial Planning Committee of the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Louisiana Tax Conference Committee of the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Legislative Committee of the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, State and Local Tax Committee of the Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Bar Association - Tax Section
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association
- Board Member, Adult Literacy Advocates
- President, Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge
- Board Member, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge