Candace E. Wright, CPA is a Director in the P&N Accounting & Assurance Services Group. She also serves on the firm's executive committee. Candy joined the firm in 1985 and became a director in 1994. Prior to joining the firm, she was an accountant with a multi-state pharmaceutical company.
Candy has extensive experience working with financial institutions, other financial services, non-profit entities, governmental organizations, employee benefit plans, retail entities, and healthcare organizations as well as providing SOC 1 and 2 services. She serves as the Service Line Leader for the P&N Accounting and Assurance Services Group. She leads the firm peer review services and is the team captain of the peer reviews performed by the firm. Candy also participates in the Quality Control activities for the assurance department.
Candy serves as the Chair of the Private Company Council of the Financial Accounting Foundation. In that role, she meets with the FASB at least 4 times a year to discuss standards and how they may impact private companies. Additionally, Candy has served on the Governmental Audit Quality Center's (GAQC) Executive Committee as well as a former chair of the Technical Issues Committee of the AICPA. She has served as a member of the LCPA's Financial Institutions Committee, and served as the Director in charge of the firm's Financial Institutions Services Group.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, McNeese State University
- Former Member, Financial Institutions Committee, LCPA
- Chair, Private Company Council, Financial Accounting Foundation
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Chair & Member, AICPA Technical Issues Committee
- Member, Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past President, Baton Rouge Chapter of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Former Member, Small Business Advisory Committee, Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Former Member, PCPS Executive Committee
- Former Member, Governmental Audit Quality Executive Committee
- Former Member, AICPA Professional Issues Task
- Treasurer, Board, Women's Forum of Louisiana, Inc
- Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge
- Member, American Heart Association Go Red for Women Executive Leadership Team
- Member, Baton Rouge Area Foundation Finance Committee
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, Baton Rouge Area Foundation
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, Adult Literacy Advocates