Chad Becnel, CPA/CITP, CGMA, is a Director in the P&N Accounting and Assurance Services Group. Prior to joining the firm in 2003, Chad worked with a large local accounting firm.
Chad's experience includes more than 20 years in public accounting, planning and performing assurance engagements for a wide variety of clients. His practice focuses primarily on clients in the insurance, credit union, and manufacturing and distribution industries, as well as employee benefit plans. He has experience in all aspects of accounting and assurance engagements, and he strives to challenge himself to identify value-added operational improvements for his clients.
Chad is one of the firm's leaders in the training and the use of Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs), which P&N utilizes extensively in its assurance engagements.
Additionally, Chad served on the Accounting and Review Services Committee (ARSC) of the AICPA from 2010-2012, which sets compilation and review standards for the profession. He was also selected in 2009 as a member of the inaugural class of the AICPA Leadership Academy. Given annually to only 25 CPAs in the country, the invitation is extended to individuals showing a high level of leadership potential.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Information Technology Professional
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Nicholls State University
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Louisiana Association of Self Insured Employers
- Member, Insurance Accounting & Systems Association
- Associate Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, Accounting and Review Services Committee
- Member, AICPA Leadership Academy - Inaugural Class
- Board Member, Treasurer, Baton Rouge Blues Foundation
- Board Member, Treasurer, Dream Teachers