Chad Becnel, CPA/CITP, CGMA, is a Director in the P&N Accounting and Assurance Services Group. Prior to joining the firm in 2003, Chad worked with a large local accounting firm.
Chad's experience includes nearly 25 years in public accounting, planning and performing assurance engagements for a wide variety of clients. His practice focuses primarily on clients in the financial services industry (insurance and financial institutions) and employee benefit plans. He has experience in all aspects of accounting and assurance engagements, and he strives to challenge himself to identify value-added operational improvements for his clients.
Chad is one of the firm's leaders in the training and the use of Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs), which P&N utilizes extensively in its assurance engagements.
Additionally, Chad served on the Accounting and Review Services Committee (ARSC) of the AICPA from 2009-2012, which sets compilation and review standards for the profession. He was also selected in 2009 as a member of the inaugural class of the AICPA Leadership Academy. Awarded annually to fewer than 50 CPAs across the country, the invitation is extended to individuals showing a high level of leadership potential.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Information Technology Professional
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Nicholls State University
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Associate Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, Insurance Accounting & Systems Association
- Member, Louisiana Association of Self Insured Employers
- Member, Accounting and Review Services Committee
- Member, AICPA Leadership Academy - Inaugural Class
- Board Member, Vice President and Treasurer, Baton Rouge Blues Festival & Foundation
- Board Member, Treasurer, Dream Teachers