Dakota Hitchcock, FIP, CIPP/US, CIPM, CDPSE, CIA, is a Manager in the P&N Consulting Services Group focused on information privacy compliance with various international privacy laws such as the GDPR and PIPEDA, state privacy laws such as the CCPA, and sectoral privacy laws such as HIPAA, GLBA, and FERPA. Prior to joining the firm in 2018, he served as an internal auditor for a global brokerage and asset management firm.
Dakota has experience serving clients in a broad range of industries, including financial services, healthcare, insurance, hospitality, outdoor lifestyle, e-commerce, telecommunications, and higher education. As a member of the Control & Risk Advisory Services team, he has participated in and led a variety of projects, including privacy compliance program assessments and implementations, internal audits, IT control reviews, and SOX engagements. Dakota is also a member of the Global Advisory Board for the International Association of Privacy Professional (IAPP), where he serves on the Exam Development Committee.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer
- Fellow of Information Privacy
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Information Privacy Manager
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States
- Master of Business Administration, Internal Audit Program, Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Communications, Public Relations Concentration, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Global Advisory Board Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Member, Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)