Elaine Garvey, CPA, ACA, is a Director in P&N’s Accounting and Assurance Services Group of the firm’s New Orleans area practice. Prior to joining the P&N team, Elaine served as a Managing Director in PwC’s New Orleans area practice.
Elaine has over 20 years of public accounting experience. She has served large public and private clients across a wide range of industries, including transportation, chemical, engineering and construction, higher education, and non-profit. She also has extensive international business and accounting experience in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Elaine has significant experience in planning and executing compliance audits, including Sarbanes Oxley Section 404 and Uniform Guidance (formerly OMB Circular A-133). She has served as an instructor and course writer for numerous national audit methodology and skills-based training courses across the U.S. She was also a contributor to the 7th edition of “Financial and Accounting Guide for Not-for-Profit Organizations” and co-author of the 2nd edition of “Board Effectiveness – What Works Best”, published by the Institute of Internal Auditors' Research Foundation.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Associated Chartered Accountant
- Master in Liberal Arts, Tulane University
- Bachelor of Law, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, England
- Post Graduate Diploma, Legal Studies, College of Law, York, England
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants, New Orleans Chapter
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Board Treasurer, Abeona House Child Discovery Center
- Board Member, Louisiana Endowment for Humanities
- Board Chair, Youth Run NOLA