George P. Balhoff, CPA/CITP, CGMA, FHFMA, is a Director in Postlethwaite & Netterville’s assurance division. His concentration focuses in healthcare and information technology issues. He has been with the firm since 1980 and was named a Director in 1989.
George has served as an engagement director on numerous non-profit and healthcare engagements. His experience includes the development of financial models for the consolidation of healthcare entities and analysis of various aspects of the budget information including reimbursement assumptions related to admissions. He is currently responsible for the Department of Health and Hospitals long-term care contract, which includes the agreed-upon procedures (AUP) of nursing facilities, nursing facilities specialized services, intermediate care facilities for the developmentally disabled and adult day healthcare facilities.
Working with DHH, George has developed cost reports for numerous Medicaid Programs and worked with the Department to obtain federal reimbursement for programs such as PACE, PDHC, Home and Community Based Services, and School Based medical services. Each of these programs have used different reimbursement methodology, including per diems and time studies.
Facilitated by his audit background, George assists clients with the selection and implementation of computer-based financial systems. He helps clients in selecting and integrating software and converting data across applications to meet management information systems and financial reporting needs. For specialized information systems-related requirements, he has developed applications systems for clients using a variety of software tools. With his combination of technology and accounting knowledge, George has been a decision maker in P&N’s hardware and software directions and implementations, especially in the audit and practice management areas.
George has also served as an expert witness in courts throughout Louisiana on accounting and taxation issues as well as Medicaid cost reporting issues.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Information Technology Professional
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Fellow of Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Louisiana State University
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Member, AICPA Information Technology Section
- Member, The Leading Edge Alliance Technology Special Interest Group
- Board Member & Treasurer, Alzheimers' Services of the Capital Area
- Board Member, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Board Member & Treasurer, Heritage Ranch, Inc.
- Board Member, Louisiana Prison Chapel Foundation
- Board Member, St. George Parish Finance Committee
- Board Member, St. George Development Core Group
- Treasurer & President, Baton Rouge Youth
- Board Member, Baton Rouge CYO