John ("JP") Luster, CPA, CIRA, is a Manager in P&N's Consulting Services Group, specializing in providing financial, accounting, and operational restructuring advisory services to distressed companies. Prior to joining the firm in 2020, he spent five years at a national accounting firm within their Bankruptcy and Restructuring group in Houston, TX. Additionally, he spent time within their assurance practice serving oil, gas, and utility clients.
JP has provided transaction advisory, valuation, and other consulting services for publicly-traded and privately-owned commercial entities in a variety of industries, including but not limited to: oil and gas, oilfield services, utilities, telecom, and technology.
JP has significant experience in understanding the complexities of the Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy processes. Additionally, he has significant knowledge of Accounting Standards Codification ("ASC") 852, Reorganizations, and Fresh Start Reporting, as well as performing valuations in accordance with ASC 805, ASC 820, and ASC 350.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor
- Master of Science, Finance, Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Washington and Lee University
- Member, AICPA COVID Bankruptcy Task Force
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants