Karen Breaux is P&N's Human Resources Director, and has been with the P&N team for seven years. She has over 30 years of experience as a human resources professional.
Karen develops and maintains policies, procedures and strategic initiatives within the firm and within HR. She handles a wide variety of HR matters including HR policies, matters of compensation, employee relations, evaluations and other initiatives related to employment.
Karen has been a member of the Greater Baton Rouge Society for Human Resource Management (GBR SHRM) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for over 20 years; member of the board of directors (GBR SHRM) for eight (8) years; and for the past three years has served as president of GBR SHRM and currently is the chair for the chapter's annual conference; a member of the State Council for the Louisiana Society for Human Resource Management where she currently serves as secretary/treasurer. Karen is also a board director for Cristo Rey Baton Rouge Franciscan High School which is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. She is also a member of the Big Buddy Advisory Committee for its Level-UP Program, which is a workforce development component that focuses on underserved high school youth of the Big Buddy Program.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- State Council Secretary-Treasurer, Louisiana Society for Human Resource Management
- President, Greater Baton Rouge Society of Human Resource Management
- Vice President, Greater Baton Rouge Society of Human Resource Management
- Treasurer, Greater Baton Rouge Society of Human Resource Management
- Board of Directors,, Cristo Rey Baton Rouge
- Advisory Committee, Big Buddy Program