Karen Breaux is P&N's Human Resources Director, and has been with the P&N team for twelve years. She has over 30 years of experience as a human resources professional.
Karen is responsible for making key leadership contributions in the areas of developing and maintaining policies, procedures and strategic initiatives within the firm and within HR. She handles a wide variety of HR matters including HR policies, matters of compensation, employee relations, talent management and managing culture change, in addition to other initiatives related to employment. She is a leader energized by the opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of the firm by driving value and providing exceptional services, guidance and counsel to internal and external customers.
Karen has been a member of the Greater Baton Rouge Society for Human Resource Management (GBR SHRM) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for over 30 years; member of the board of directors (GBR SHRM) for ten (10) years, including serving as president of GBR SHRM and chair for the chapter's annual conference; a member of the State Council for the Louisiana Society for Human Resource Management where she currently serves as State Director for 2023; a member of the Junior League of Baton Rouge where she serves on the board of directors and Nominating Chair, and a member of the Echo Alliance which is an affiliate of Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center. Karen is also a board director for Baton Rouge Franciscan High School of Baton Rouge, which is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. She is also a member of the Big Buddy Advisory Committee for its Level-UP Program, which is a workforce development component that focuses on underserved high school youth of the Big Buddy Program.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- State Director, Louisiana Society for Human Resource Management
- Assistant State Director, Louisiana Society for Human Resource Management
- State Council Secretary-Treasurer, Louisiana Society for Human Resource Management
- President, Greater Baton Rouge Society of Human Resource Management
- Vice President, Greater Baton Rouge Society of Human Resource Management
- Treasurer, Greater Baton Rouge Society of Human Resource Management
- Member, Echo Alliance - Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center
- Board of Directors; Nominating Chair, Junior League of Baton Rouge
- Board Director, Franciscan High School of Baton Rouge
- Advisory Committee, Big Buddy Program