Laura Soileau, CIA, CISA, CPA, CFE, CRMA, CGMA, is a Director in P&N's Consulting Services Group. Laura has nearly 20 years of internal audit experience. Her practice area includes working with a variety of organizations on internal audit, internal controls, governance, risk, compliance and fraud-related matters. Prior to joining the firm, she was an internal audit manager for a Fortune 100 company.
Laura has extensive experience in all aspects of internal audit, including working with audit committees; leading internal audit and internal controls assessments; facilitating risk assessments for financial, operational and technology audits; coordinating with external auditors; overseeing the execution of audit plans; and communicating the results of audits to senior management and audit committees. Her clients come from a diverse array of industries, including governmental, public companies, higher education, and professional services.
Laura also has a depth of experience helping small to mid-size organizations in assessing their current state environment and making recommendations to improve performance, including identification of internal controls tailored to the organization as well as opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization. Laura is also experienced in fraud prevention and detection, including the development of a client-specific risk-based approach to fraud monitoring and investigation through the use of data analytics.
Laura was named one of twenty "emerging Leaders" by The IIA in 2014. Laura has a regular blog through IA magazine "Solutions by Soileau" on the daily challenges facing internal auditors. She has also co-authored multiple articles for IA magazine. She is actively involved in the internal audit profession and currently serves on both The IIA's Global Board of Directors and North American Board of Directors. Laura also presents regularly on internal audit and fraud related topics.
Education & Certifications
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting/Marketing, University of Arkansas
- Master of Science, Accounting, Louisiana State University
- Director, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Global Board
- North American Director, Vice Chair - Professional Development, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) North American Board
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Member, ISACA
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Internal Auditor magazine
- Former Member, Publications Advisory Committee of The Institute of Internal Auditors, North American Board
- Board of Directors, Susan G. Komen Baton Rouge