Laura Soileau, CIA, CISA, CPA, CFE, CRMA, CGMA, is a Director in P&N's Consulting Services Group. Laura has over 20 years of internal audit experience. Her practice area includes working with a variety of organizations on internal audit, internal controls, governance, risk, compliance and fraud-related matters. Laura also has experience leading and delivering system and organization control (SOC) examinations.
Laura has extensive experience in all aspects of internal audit, including working with audit committees; leading internal audit and internal controls assessments; facilitating risk assessments for financial, operational and technology audits; coordinating with external auditors; overseeing the execution of audit plans; and communicating with senior leadership and audit committees. Her clients come from a diverse array of industries, including governmental, higher education, public companies and professional services.
Laura also has a depth of experience helping small to mid-size organizations in assessing their current state environment and making recommendations to improve performance, including identification of internal controls tailored to the organization as well as opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization. Additionally, Laura is experienced in fraud prevention and detection, including the development of a client-specific risk-based approach to fraud monitoring and investigation through the use of data analytics. Laura has also attended the AICPA's SOC School.
Laura was named one of twenty "emerging Leaders" by The IIA in 2014. Laura has also co-authored multiple articles for IA magazine and presents regularly on internal audit and fraud-related topics. Laura currently serves as Chairman of The IIA North American Board of Directors in addition to serving on The IIA's Global Board of Directors
Education & Certifications
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Master of Science, Accounting, Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting/Marketing, University of Arkansas
- Chairman, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) North American Board
- Director, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Global Board
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Member, ISACA
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Internal Auditor magazine
- Member, Publications Advisory Committee of The Institute of Internal Auditors, North American Board
- Board of Directors, Susan G. Komen Baton Rouge