Lynne A. Burkart, CPA, CIA, CFSA, CRMA, CGMA, CGAP, is a Director in the P&N Accounting and Assurance Services Group. Lynne has received the AICPA's Certificate of Educational Achievement in IFRS. Lynne joined P&N in 1999 and became a Director in 2002. She is the New Orleans office Director of Assurance Services. Prior to joining the firm, she was a senior manager with a Big Four firm, providing external audit and internal audit services.
With over 30 years of publicly traded and privately held audit experience, Lynne works with clients in diverse industries including energy and related services, financial services, employee benefit plans, healthcare, non-profit and manufacturing. Lynne provides technical research, internal audit, including Sarbanes-Oxley related testing, risk-assessments and special project services to publicly traded and privately held companies. She also performs SSAE 18 attest services for clients.
Lynne also has participated in numerous consulting projects, which include business process re-engineering, organizational reviews, control reviews, SEC reporting assistance, litigation support, procedure manual development, investigative audits and other similar projects. She has presented at various professional and internal training seminars.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Financial Services Auditor
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certificate of Educational Achievement in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, AICPA Women's Initiative Executive Committee
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member, Institute of Internal Auditors- New Orleans Chapter
- Member, Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS)
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Board Member, New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute
- Member, University of New Orleans Accounting Advisory Council
- Board of Directors, Jefferson Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member and Audit Committee Chair, Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Member, Southern Region Diversity Committee, Boy Scouts of America
- Board Member, Southeast Council of Boy Scouts of America
- Advisory Board Member, What You Give Will Grow
- Finance Committee Member, St. Michael's Special School
- Board Member and Treasurer, A Studio in the Woods
- Board Member and Treasurer, Youth Empowerment
- Board Member, Greater New Orleans Crimestoppers, Inc.
- Treasurer, Lighthouse for the Blind
- Treasurer, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) New Orleans