Lynne A. Burkart, CPA, CIA, CFSA, CRMA, CGMA, CFE, is a Director in the P&N Accounting and Assurance Services Group, and serves as Director of Assurance Services for the firm's New Orleans office. Lynne has received the AICPA's Certificate of Educational Achievement in IFRS. Prior to joining the firm, she was a senior manager with a Big Four firm, providing external audit and internal audit services.
With over 30 years of audit experience, Lynne works with clients in diverse industries including energy and related services, financial services, employee benefit plans, healthcare, non-profit and manufacturing. Lynne provides technical research assistance to clients, including assistance with implementation of new accounting standards. Lynne also provides internal audit, including Sarbanes-Oxley related testing, risk-assessments and special project services to publicly-traded and privately-held companies. She also performs SSAE 18 (SOC) attest services for clients.
Lynne also has participated in numerous consulting projects, which include business process re-engineering, organizational reviews, control reviews, SEC reporting assistance, litigation support, procedure manual development, investigative audits and other similar projects. She has presented at various professional and internal training seminars.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Financial Services Auditor
- Certified in Risk Management Assurance
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certificate of Educational Achievement in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Board Member, Jefferson Chamber of Commerce
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, AICPA Women's Initiative Executive Committee
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member, Institute of Internal Auditors- New Orleans Chapter
- Member, Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS)
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Board Member, New Orleans Regional Leadership Institute
- Board Member, American Red Cross, Louisiana
- Board Member, Second Harvest Food Bank
- Member, Presidential Advisory Board, Xavier University
- Member, University of New Orleans Accounting Advisory Council
- Board Member and Audit Committee Chair, Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Member, Southern Region Diversity Committee, Boy Scouts of America
- Advisory Board Member, What You Give Will Grow
- Finance Committee Member, St. Michael's Special School
- Board Member and Treasurer, A Studio in the Woods
- Board Member and Officer, Youth Empowerment
- Finance Committee Member, Greater New Orleans Crimestoppers, Inc.
- Treasurer, Lighthouse for the Blind
- Treasurer, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) New Orleans