Ralph J. Stephens, CPA/ABV, JD, CFF, is a Director in the P&N Tax Services Group. Ralph joined the firm in 1981 and became a Director in 1987. Prior to joining the firm, he practiced law.
Ralph has provided tax planning advice and compliance services to a variety of industries, including distribution, wholesale, professional services, and others.
Ralph has extensive knowledge regarding corporate taxation, individual taxation, partnership taxation, and consolidated returns. He assists his clients with planning and actual corporate business decisions. These areas include financial projections, valuations, financial statement interpretation, acquisitions, and sale planning. Additionally, he also assists clients with decisions in structuring business ventures in appropriate legal entities.
Ralph’s areas of concentration include non-profit compliance, income and estate planning, succession planning, business consulting, and litigation support. He is both Accredited in Business Valuation and Certified in Financial Forensics by the AICPA. He also assists with planning and implementing changes required by new legislation and jurisprudence.
Ralph regularly consults with attorneys in the areas of business and succession planning. He has served as an expert witness in numerous courts throughout Louisiana and the country as an expert in taxation, valuation, damages and accounting.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Juris Doctor
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Law, LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Louisiana State University
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member, Business Valuation Standards Task Force, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, CFF Credential Committee, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chairman, Federal Tax Conference Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chairman, Louisiana Tax Conference Committee, Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association
- Member, Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Board of Directors - Chairman, SJA Foundation
- Board of Directors - Treasurer, Louisiana Key Academy
- Law Studies Teacher, Catholic High School
- Board of Directors, Ruckstuhl Foundation
- Board of Directors, Catholic-Presbyterian Apartments
- Executive Committee, St. Vincent de Paul
- Board of Directors, Vision 21 Foundation
- Board of Directors - Past Chairman, Big Buddy Program
- Board of Directors - Past Chairman, Hospice of Baton Rouge
- Board of Directors - Past Chairman, Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge