Robert (Bob) Brickman, CPA is a Director in the Postlethwaite & Netterville Accounting and Assurance Services Group. Bob joined the firm in 2009, and now has over 30 years of experience in public accounting, serving both privately held and public companies.
A New Orleans native, Bob started his career in 1989 with Deloitte's audit practice in Boston. He worked in a variety of industries, with a focus on manufacturing, consumer business, software and other technology companies. Bob returned to New Orleans as an audit partner with KPMG in 2001 and served public companies during the dawn of the Sarbanes-Oxley era. Over the course of his career, additional client industries served have included distribution, energy and related services, maritime, and retirement plan audits.
Bob has extensive experience assisting clients with audit and accounting services, mergers and acquisitions, capital raising activities, and other business challenges. He has worked closely with equity and debt offerings in both public and private equity markets, including IPOs on major exchanges, secondary SEC offerings and private placements.
Bob's clients have included large, privately owned businesses, in some cases with over $1 billion in revenues. Such clients present opportunities of operating across many states and the need to address proper internal controls, regulatory and tax environments, and managing diverse workforces. Sustaining multi-generational ownership and need for continued growth and liquidity are also areas of experience.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Haverford College
- Accounting Program, Northeastern University
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Officer, Association of Corporate Growth, Louisiana Chapter
- Advisory Board, New Orleans BioInnovation Center
- Board Member, Jewish Endowment Foundation of Greater New Orleans
- Past Vice-Chairman of the Board, Unity of Greater New Orleans
- Past President, Temple Sinai, New Orleans
- Board Member, Metro Crime Commission