William "Bill" Balhoff, CPA, CFF, CGMA, is a Director with P&N. Bill joined the firm in 1976 and was named a Director in 1986.
As the former Managing Director and CEO for P&N, Bill has been instrumental in helping P&N grow into the largest Louisiana-based accounting firm. Bill's influence has helped create an accounting and consulting practice with a diverse skill and service combination and a unique depth of talent.
He currently serves as a Board Member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), and has served as Chair of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' (AICPA) Board of Directors. He has been named among the "Top 100 Most Influential People" in the accounting profession by both Accounting Today and CPA Magazine and served as a member of the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council. In 2014, he was named Business Person of the Year by the Baton Rouge Business Report.
Bill is an international speaker on numerous topics including professional standards updates and managing practices.
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- National Banking School, University of Virginia
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Louisiana State University
- Board Member, International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- Past Chairman, Board of Directors, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Council Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Leadership Team Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Former Chair, IASB Assessment Special Task Force
- Past President, Baton Rouge Chapter of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Baton Rouge Chapter of LCPA
- Former Chairman, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants Peer Review
- Former Member, Peer Review Committee, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Executive Committee Chairman, Private Company Practice, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former Member, Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (FASAC)
- Board Member, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Finance Committee Chair, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Executive Committee Member, Baton Rouge Area Foundation
- Co-Chair, Development Committee, LSU College of Business Dean's Advisory Council
- Co-Chair, LSU College of Business Dean's Advisory Council
- Board Member, Vision 21