Don McLean, CPA, is a Director in the P&N Accounting and Assurance Services Group and has been working in public accounting since 1999. Prior to joining P&N in 2015, Don worked for a local CPA firm for 15 years and worked for the State of Louisiana for seven years.
Don's professional experience includes performing and supervising audits for clients in a variety of activities including, non-profit, construction contractors, and other commercial entities; however, Don's focus is on governmental entities.
Don's governmental engagements include school boards, parishes, cities, retirement systems, special districts, and state agencies. In addition, Don has extensive experience in auditing compliance of federal assistance programs according to requirements of the Single Audit Act and Uniform Guidance. Don also advises on governmental consulting engagements on federal grant requirements and compliance with the Uniform Guidance.
Don serves as instructor on both internal and external training on new or upcoming Statements of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, and Uniform Guidance compliance requirements.
Education & Certifications
- AICPA Advanced Single Audit Certificate
- Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Louisiana State University
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants
- Board Treasurer, Louisiana Industries for the Disabled, Inc (d.b.a. UpLIFTD)
- Treasurer, Boy Scouts of America - Troop 490