Freddy Smith, CPA, CGMA, is a Director in the P&N Accounting and Assurance Services Group. He joined the firm in 1989. Freddy serves as the leader of the firm's Governmental Niche Team.
Freddy’s audit and accounting experience includes working with school boards, parish and municipal governments, and state government entities. Freddy has enhanced the firm’s specialization in governmental accounting and auditing by obtaining the AICPA's Certificate of Educational Achievement in Governmental and Non-Profit Accounting and Auditing. He has assisted several clients in attaining GFOA's Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting. Additionally, Freddy’s attainment of the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation has broadened his and the firm’s perspective of global accounting and economic issues affecting state and local governments. Freddy also has substantial experience assisting government agencies with the compilation of Annual Financial Reports (AFR).
Education & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- AICPA Advanced Single Audit Certificate
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, University of Southern Mississippi
- Member, Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants, Baton Rouge Chapter
- Member, Governmental Finance Officers' Association
- Member, Association of School Business Officials
- Member, Coastal Conservation Association
- Chairman, LCPA Baton Rouge Chapter's Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Chairman, Legislative Auditors GASB34 Local Implementation Subcommittee for Capital Assets